The Technological Development Unit (UDT) of the University of Concepción (UdeC) is seeking to hire a professional for the position of Quality Management System Manager, who will be responsible for implementing, maintaining and improving the Quality Management System, having direct communication with the Management of UDT. The desired profile is as follows:
Requirements for the position:
Educational level / Degree:
- Technical or university degree in the fields of chemistry, engineering, natural sciences, management or equivalent.
Training / Experience:
- Training and knowledge in NCh-ISO 17025, NCh-ISO 9000 desirable.
- Auditor course.
- Experience in Quality Management Systems.
- Planning, organization, communication and leadership skills
Location within the organization chart:
Area of work:
- Head of the Administrative Department UDT
- Executive Director UDT
Staff in charge:
- Lead the group of internal auditors
- Unit Managers
- Any professional of UDT that meets all the requirements for the position
The Quality Management System Manager is responsible and has the authority to implement, maintain and improve the Quality Management System, having direct communication with the Management of UDT and reporting to the Head of the Administrative Department. The professional must ensure that the staff know and are aware of the management system and responsibilities that affect them, ensuring that the quality policy and objectives are known. The professional must identify all deviations of the management system or procedures and internal instructions, and take action against them to minimize their impact and prevent recurrence. The manager must report on management system performance and process improvement to the Management of UDT.
The professional is responsible for the process of accreditation of laboratories and their maintenance before the INN.
- Direct and coordinate the implementation, maintenance and improvement of all activities of the Management System Quality according to NCh-17025 in the Analytical Service Department and their laboratories.
- Be the counterpart of UDT before the INN for all accreditation processes of testing laboratories and maintenance of accreditation certificates.
- Coordinate and direct the work of the group of internal auditors.
- Elaborate the management review report to be presented to the Management of UDT.
- Coordinate and/or conduct training activities of the staff of UDT on quality issues, NCh-ISO 17025 regulations and related, as required.
- Coordinate the activities related to corrective and preventive actions together with the audit team.
- Report the status of the QS of UDT to the management.
- Identify all aspects of the QS of UDT that need to be improved and take appropriate actions for their improvement.
- Implement, maintain and improve the QMS.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding all technical and commercial information of UDT and their customers.
- Comply with all responsibilities assigned to internal security procedures and Internal Regulations on Health and Safety of UDT.
- Contribute to a good working environment.
- Ensure the establishment, implementation and maintenance of processes necessary for the proper functioning of the Quality Management System according to NCh-ISO 17025.
- Report to senior management on the performance of the Quality Management System and any need for improvement, and promote customer satisfaction as a priority issue at all levels of the organization.
- Convene internal audits.
- Propose improvements to the QMS.
- Verify that the nonconforming product is not processed further, dispatched or installed until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
Information required to apply:
- Application letter.
- CV with net income expectations and availability.
- Certificate(s) of university degree(s).
- Training certificate (auditor, ISO 17025, ISO 9000 implementation).
- Two letters of recommendation.
Deadline for applications and submission of documents: September 22, 2017.
For more information contact: Srta. Carolina Poblete. Phone: +56 41 2661854 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send all documents to: Carolina Poblete, Unidad de Desarrollo Tecnológico – Universidad de Concepción. – Av. Cordillera Nº 2634 – Parque Industrial Coronel – Coronel. Casilla 4051, Correo 3, Concepción – Chile or to the e-mail: email@example.com